Annual Named Scholarships give donors an opportunity to impact an Oakland University student directly, through a scholarship of $1,000 or more.
- Scholarships can be need-based of merit-based for a chosen school or college.
- Groups are encouraged to create or contribute towards an Annual Named Scholarship.
- Make a one-time gift, or split up the amount over up to 12 months. Payroll deduction may be available to current Oakland University employees.
- The scholarship will be available for awarding once the full amount is received from the donor(s).
- The scholarship can be renewed as often as the donors wish – a multi-year pledge can be made to support the
- Normal scholarship rules apply, for instance, you may not specify a particular student to receive the scholarship.
David McGhee (CAS '05) explains why he created a scholarship at Oakland University.
How do I set up and make donations towards an Annual Named Scholarship?
Annual Named Scholarships require special planning and execution. Please contact the office of Annual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 370-4504 if you are interested in creating a scholarship. Our staff will work one-on-one with you to create a scholarship that reflects your unique goals.